Vacuum Former Orientation
What you get:
- Information packet showing machine basics and tool design discussed in class.
- The packet will contain machine instructions, Illustrations, and suggestions on troubleshooting your design.
- Each participant will take home a plastic Vac-Formed shell created during the class.
What you bring:
- Whatever you need to take notes
- Any drawings you have of parts that you want to create so that we can use them as a learning tool for the other participants (not required)
Who should take this class:
Anyone who wants to produce plastic forms for hobby items (soap, concrete, decor/garden, etc.) up to production-quality product parts. No experience is needed in tool design, though previous familiarity/experience or comfort with large machinery is preferred.
This class is required for tool clearance on the Idea Foundry vacuum forming machine.
Non Member - $80
Steve Sauer has nearly two decades professional experience in industrial design and prototyping and holds a number of utility & design patents. His company, Bigger Tuna, helps inventors launch products.