Mold Making & Resin Casting
Learn the basics of silicone mold making and resin casting including materials, curing, tools, terminology, and mold types while making a statuette.
Introduction to RTV silicone mold making and resin casting. Make a one piece open pour cup mold of a 4 inch seated Confucius statuette and produce a resin copy.
In this class you will learn:
- Introduction to mold making materials and suppliers
- Tin cure vs Platinum cure rubbers
- Types of resin
- Basic recommended tools to get started
- Considerations when making molds, undercuts, material selection, casting method.
- Tips for producing good molds & casting
Make / Hands on:
- Constructing the "mold box"Mixing and pouring the mold
- Cutting the mold or easy de-molding
- Mixing and pouring resin & de-molding
I am an IF Member: $65