Intro to Product Development
Product Development is a complex undertaking that is both exciting and potentially expensive. Get a broad overview so you can make your plan, understand what you're working with, and what to look out for as you research your path to market.
- Anyone with a product idea that wants to understand the process to further their concept so it can be patented, manufactured/fabricated, or sold. licensed, or pitched to an investor.
- important steps in the ideation to commercialization process; timelines, financial decision points
- best practices for what you can do yourself vs what is best left to skilled professionals
- No IF equipment is certified in this class
- This overview is a Non-Confidential class. Your specific ideas should remain private unless you don’t mind Public Disclosure (you can’t patent ideas if disclosed publicly). This class does not constitute legal or financial advice and students are not clients of the instructor by taking this class. Please consult your attorney or financial professional for advisement for your situation.
- No recording devices may be used during the session.
- Plan to arrive for class about 10-15 min early and check in at the front desk. Our main entrance is on State Street, with parking lot entrance on State St. as well. IF parking and street parking available.
Idea Foundry Member - $40
Non Member - $60