Intro to Photography I, Camera Crash Course
Camera Crash Course! is an excellent operations primer to set you up for success with future photography classes so you can get right into learning the creative stuff your camera can do instead of fumbling to find where to change your aperture! Learn proper focusing, the ins and outs of aperture, shutter speed, ISO (the "exposure triangle") and much more. Even if you've had your camera for a while, but have been frustrated with not knowing how to change your settings, this class is for you too!
- Students age 16+ (minors require parent waiver)
- Beginner photographers new to manual mode on their current camera
- Basics of manual camera operation, including your cameras buttons & settings
- Foundations of photography: aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focusing
- no Idea Foundry equipment
Pairs Well With
Once you have these basics down, head on into Photography II to continue building your technique skills.
Plan Your Visit
- Please bring your digital camera - this is a hands on class
- Please bring a paper or PDF copy of your camera's manual and your camera
- This class is designed for a camera that has full manual mode. Most cameras with full manual mode also have the ability to change lenses. If you are not sure if you camera is right for this class, please email the instructor, Aaron, at email@example.com.
Plan to arrive for class about 10-15 min early and check in at the front desk. Our main entrance is on State Street, with parking lot entrance on State St. as well. IF parking and street parking available.
Please also fill out the optional but recommended pre-class survey. Responses go directly to the instructor to better tailor your class experience.
Idea Foundry Member - $55
Non Member - $65